Quick Showcase Thread

This is an example that I make with a song from Sega Genesis, my technique to port music via MID2SMPS.
I have a long time around the music environment, and I decided to show a mini video showing how I assign the instruments and more in MID2SMPS.
You can also port 68K, Z80 music games via SMPS Research Pack by Valley Bell, but you must adjust manually the DAC mappings and PSG.
I will show more game songs playing into SMPSPlay from various games also, stay tuned.

Here's something that I made for April Fools last year that ended up being finished just shy of when I could have posted it on SSRG-
It was a joke that I didn't think through very far and ran out of time to do everything I wanted on it. The plan was to mock the old 90s game cracks that barely would function at all, so I made 2 options that work, and another 2 that didn't. So to test my knowledge of the Genesis I decided to "crack" Jester's Challenge (With permission of course). It ended up being a little trickier than I thought, so like I said, due to time most plans didn't work out. I'm still somewhat proud of the end product. it was a good learning exercise.

START to play the game normally
A to run "debug mode" (Markey had stripped all the debug features but left the position stuff)
B for Infinite Lives
C for An Entirely New Game
The two that don't work initially overwrote some tiles on screen with a seemingly blank tile when I first released this. I found out I simply didn't give the text a color, fixed that in this version.

Attachments

• RVT-JCHAL.bin
    4 MB · Views: 7
I made an accuracy related adjustment to my TTS repros, and that's regarding the shading on the side of his head. Other sprites have been adjusted to stay consistent with each other in terms of details. Additional credit towards Cyberooze is present considering the pieces he sent me to get me started on the right track.
SpeemsTTSRepro_PreFebruaryUpdate.png

lz-experiment-switch.gif

What have you done here?
That switch shifts you into the 'underwater background'. This is done via a couple of simple tricks; the switch both changes Sonic's palette and underwater state, and also acts as a pseudo-pathswapper, changing collision planes, allowing the player to walk 'behind' the foreground elements of the level. It was an experiment that I wanted to try out, but I have not designed a proper level around it yet.

Here is a preview of Fractal Sound - a software suite for all kinds of Mega Drive projects! I've worked on this sound engine for months, to create the best and most flexible sound driver I could for Mega Drive developers, with the aim to support trackers, modern musicians, and to be easily integrated into video games. I'm getting closer to reaching that goal, and so wanted to show everyone just what I've been cooking. However, I also need help with further development and testing, as all things are, this is becoming really time consuming. More info and a ROM preview will be posted in the Hardline Team discord server.

Last edited:
Here is a preview of Fractal Sound - a software suite for all kinds of Mega Drive projects! I've worked on this sound engine for months, to create the best and most flexible sound driver I could for Mega Drive developers, with the aim to support trackers, modern musicians, and to be easily integrated into video games. I'm getting closer to reaching that goal, and so wanted to show everyone just what I've been cooking. However, I also need help with further development and testing, as all things are, this is becoming really time consuming. More info and a ROM preview will be posted in the Hardline Team discord server.
I noticed that the sound test has 2 DACs listed, does this sound driver use DualPCM?

Back