KiS2 Chip

A big issue I noticed immediately is that the origin address was not set to 0x300000, where it's allocated into in 68000 address space, and I've noticed that there's a lot of raw addresses as a result of that. There also seemed to be a number of places where code was left as raw data, and some where data was disassembled as code.

Also, a full disassembly of the KiS2 UPMEM was recently given its own branch in the Sonic Retro Sonic 2 disassembly.

Last edited:
I do know that there is already a KiS2 dissembly as a branch of the S2 dissembly but if we are honest this is not a KiS2 dissembly as such, it is a recreation of KiS2 in S2 but it still has its merits.
This dissembly I made was done before the KiS2 dissembly came out so that's why it's very raw and buggy (this is my first dissembly actually so it shouldn't surprise anyone that it's broken) if you want to give it a fix and check it out anyway thanks for commenting on this as I really didn't expect someone to even take the time to check it out haha

but if we are honest this is not a KiS2 dissembly as such, it is a recreation of KiS2 in S2
There is a flag that you can toggle that switches between merely building the UPMEM ROM and building a standalone KiS2 ROM (standaloneKiS2). There's also the old KiS2 disassembly from many years ago uploaded onto the Sonic Retro Github.

Back