The unfinished sonic 3d blast saturn trailer.

recently i found this trailer of 3d blast while looking through yt and it shows some very unfinished stuff.
1: it has absolutely no music at all in the trailer other than sound effects.
2: the special stages are unfinished in this version of 3d blast.
3: when the special stage ends, sonic flies up with the chaos emerald which is not seen in the final version
so this is some really interesting proto content imo.

Hmm...pretty interesting, I hope there will be a day that we will get that version/prototype, this looks honestly really finished, it doesn't only have like 3 things you mentioned in it or more, I hope we will get it, or not.

Hmm...pretty interesting, I hope there will be a day that we will get that version/prototype, this looks honestly really finished, it doesn't only have like 3 things you mentioned in it or more, I hope we will get it, or not.
it even includes some sound effects which some are different and others are placeholders

This always has me bothered with prototypes, it's always audio issues which don't seem to make much sense. Lots of SFX mis-matching and you think "how?".

I get development, but the mis-matches and issues always seem waaaaay blown out of proportion, to the point where you get suspicious and wonder if there's something more sinister going on. How can you give ring collection in the special stage an SFX and not give it the right ID? You could say SFX shifting occurred after, but surely that can't be the issue for everything... I don't wanna say lazy, but the more I see it, the more I'm tempted =/

recently i found this trailer of 3d blast while looking through yt and it shows some very unfinished stuff.
3: when the special stage ends, sonic flies up with the chaos emerald which is not seen in the final version
Pretty cool. I honestly prefer the more stock sound effects of the saturn/pc port.

Definitely a version after the proto released in 2008. Sound effects refuse to play in said prototype, and Diamond Dust just mostly uses graphics from the Genesis version.

Back